12 April 2017

Five Years

Often, we were on different 
                                            Latitudes
Love strengthened 
                  through life’s vicissitudes
Vows were made
    Five years to this day.
                Please excuse my platitude:
                     But oh how the time has flown!
And our family has grown
                  From just me and you
To one, two, and soon
                                 to be three
            Little amalgamations
of you and me.
             Life is quite amazing,
But our lives are hardly ever easy.
                         Yet through thick and thin,
           We determine
                           to ride the undulations together
  Lest we are ripped asunder and pulled under.
              You and I are one with the other
For better or worse.
              I hope and pray
That I help make it
              More better than worse.

See, I’m trying 
                     to make being a good husband and father a priority
While anxiously 
                         struggling to balance all of life’s responsibilities.
         Yearning for a bright future with boundless possibilities.
Please encourage me to make the most of each breath.
               As we continuously discern the paths that lie ahead,
Let us not of the other grow weary.
              I want our marriage to be
More like stellar nucleosynthesis
                     A source of energy that’s endless,
Constantly reinvigorated
                                    with each passing day.
                                                           Love that never fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment