05 January 2012

Cleaning my M16

I just got back from cleaning my weapon for bout 2 hours and chatting with my former XO and a SSG who had some Afghanistan deployment stories.  I don't have a lot of face-time with my company because of where I work, so I enjoyed the couple conversations.....Today after work was over and I was in my room, I sat down at my desk, looked at facebook a minute, while taking off my boots and green socks.  Then I remembered my phone is probably dead, so I put it on the charger. Then I laid on my bed and fell asleep for half an hour.  Then I was called to be at the motor pool in the morning.  Then, I was called in to clean my weapon right away.  (Evidently our commander had sprayed all the weapons with CLP which makes them dirty)  Well, I couldn't find my weapon card and looked through everything and still needed to make it the DFAC in time to eat.  Then a friend calls me saying to stay in my room a minute so he could stop by.  He came by to give me my power adapter back he borrowed for his guitar pedal, and his mom had sent a bunch of little gifts for him to hand out to his friends, so I got one with glitter-ful wrapping paper around it. Nice thought!  So I went down the 6th floors to the dining facility, ate and came back up the elevator to my room, continued to look for my card, found it, and then went back down the elevator outside in the 20 degree- ice covered everything, past the gym, across the parking lot and up the hill to the arms room.  And then saw my new squad leader who informed me of my counseling statement for the month.  He told me the sergeants I work with told him what to write about me.  One of the things they said was I need to show more respect and cut my hair.  I very rarely don't show respect.  In fact, I've been told many a time that I am very respectful.  However when people joke with me, I sometimes joke back.  Plus when I am told by one sergeant to do one thing, and then another to do something else I listen to the last order...Yeah.  Plus my hair is within regs.  It is not on the ears or on the collar.  It is left a little longer on top but very very short on the sides...I think someone is just being nit picky.  I suppose I could show up every day and just do my job and whenever an NCO talks to me, regardless I will snap to parade rest and always be serious.  And just mind my own business.  I am just a little irked.  I had a long day today, and I still need to do PT.  It is 2108 now.  I am tired.  I have homework from these online classes I need to finish along with pre- req courses I must finish soon for this Army course I will be taking at the end of the month.  What am I supposed to do right now?  I can't do it all.  Sometimes I really hate the Army.  It is hard to plan ahead.  Tomorrow is Friday and I have the weekend to get caught up on everything in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment